Online Baccarat – Casinos and Games to Try
Players love it, casinos hate it (or at least its thin house edge), other games want to be it. And we’re writing about it. Whether the fast pace and simplicity of mini versions, the ritual of the squeeze variants, or the strategizing over scoreboard roads, baccarat as a casino game offers exciting opportunities to discerning players of different budgets around the world.
On our website, we discuss the different ways to play baccarat online for real money, as well as the top casinos for baccarat games accepting players from your area, wherever in the world you may be.
Want to learn how baccarat is played? Check out our guides for rules, tips, and strategies. Not sure which casino has the best payouts? Look up our rankings of secure and trustworthy online baccarat casinos. All the information you need to get you started or help you step up your gameplay is right here.
Play at the Best Baccarat Casinos
Our Top Rated Casino
- Live Dealer
- Side Bets
- Native Tables
Payout speed: 0hrs - 7days
Over 100 virtual and live games with wide betting ranges, exciting side bets, and in-game features make up 22Bet Casino’s absolutely astonishing selection of baccarat. Try Punto Banco or Dragon Tiger and enjoy convenient banking and thrilling bonuses.
- Side Bets
- Native Tables
Payout speed: up to 3 - 8 days
BetWinner provides a high-class service that allows players to play baccarat titles from the leading gaming developers. There are also some exceptional promotions on offer, which give new players the possibility to boost their bankroll.
- Live Dealer
- Side Bets
- Native Tables
Payout speed: 5 - 10 days
At 1xBet, there are games and bonuses to suit all players. An impressive welcome package, VIP cashbacks, free spins, and lottery tickets are just some of the treats at the casino. Baccarat players also enjoy exclusive cashbacks on live tables.
*18+ T&Cs apply to each offer. Click "PLAY NOW" for more information.
- Side Bets
- Native Tables
MELbet Casino boasts an astounding game collection from numerous providers and gives away cool prizes every week. Eight live studios guarantee exciting baccarat experience with native dealers, while the wide choice of payment methods ensures convenient banking.
*18+ T&Cs apply to each offer. Click "PLAY NOW" for more information.
The Quest for the Right Baccarat Online Casino
The advent of online casinos meant a whole new ballgame for brick-and-mortar gambling operators, as players were quick to relish all the possibilities it opened up. When was the last time a land-based casino offered to match up your deposit with a 100% bonus? That’s right. But online casinos do. And not only that.
Thinking of visiting a land-based casino? Check out our guide to the best baccarat casinos in Las Vegas.
Gambling sites played to the gallery with deposit bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs, offering a great selection of games at your fingertips and bringing real-time games streamed to your living room. Sounds too good to be true? Not really. Provided you choose a licensed and reputable site, you can have it all. And we’re here to help you do just that. Let’s see what you need to look for when selecting a baccarat casino online.
A Wide Choice of Baccarat Games
Seems pretty straightforward – the best baccarat casino will offer a varied catalog of baccarat games that will cater for all players. There are some intricacies to that, however. Whether you’re looking for a quick round on your mobile or you’d like to enjoy the glamor and almost ceremonial accuracy of real-time games, there are certain things to look out for.
A good casino for baccarat will clearly display the RTP and house edge of all games and feature a report by an auditing agency that has tested its RNG. Be wary of baccarat casinos with just a couple of tables and no details about the games.
The leading sites have outsourced their baccarat lobbies to top providers who impress not only with outstanding quality of the picture and sound, but also clearly display the betting limits and seat availability of each table, along with statistics, rules, and house edge.
When looking up online baccarat casinos, be mindful of a couple of things – first, make sure the operator is licensed and regulated, and next check out the selection of tables and overall quality. A casino that offers a good number of different games in multiple languages by a reliable software developer signals solid financial backing while a single table and poor quality of the streaming are huge red flags for you right there to consider – if the casino is running on a shoestring, think what the situation with cashing out will be.
The Top Baccarat Casinos Apply Safety & Security Practices
Concerns about safety and security are the main reasons why players may be deterred from playing online. However, there’s nothing to worry about if you’re playing at a licensed and regulated casino. Operators with a well established reputation have their software regularly checked by independent third-party testing laboratories to ensure that they have a properly functioning Random Number Generator for fair and unbiased outcome of the games.
They also draw up monthly reports about their house edge and use cutting-edge SSL encryption to protect your personal details and financial data and offer a safe virtual space for you to enjoy gaming. Always look for the logo of the regulating and licensing authorities of your gambling jurisdiction and make sure the site offers a secure connection. If all of these are in place, you can have complete peace of mind about the trustworthiness and security of an online casino.
Have a Question about Your Baccarat Game? Ask Customer Care
A telltale sign of how reliable and trustworthy a casino is, are the contact options it supports. It may not seem that important but it’s always reassuring to know that you can get in touch when you have a question or need help. The top casino operators will display clearly on their website a phone number (best case scenario, it’s a toll-free number staffed 24/7) and an email address.
Occasionally, you may find slug mail address if you feel like sitting down and penning a letter. Lately, chat options are the preferred method of communication as they offer instant real-time solutions to any situations that may arise. Some casinos offer customer support in multiple languages.
Also, FAQ sections are always handy, providing answers even to the questions you haven’t asked. Guides to the different games are also readily available at some of the biggest casinos, some even featuring poker schools. That level of customer support is surely a good sign that the casino will treat you fairly and with the respect players deserve.
Look for Responsible Gambling Policy
Gambling is supposed to be a fun and entertaining activity but unfortunately, for some individuals it may turn into addiction. Chasing losses and short-lived adrenaline rushes brought on by small wins, as well as the gambler’s fallacy are the most common reasons for compulsive gambling.
Reputable casino operators recognize the detrimental effect this can have on a person’s social and work life, as well as the financial issues it can create, that’s why long-standing and reputable online casinos offer options for controlling betting habits like reality checks, limits on bets, and self-exclusion from the gambling site. Licensed and reliable casinos work in cooperation with organizations that offer help and support to people struggling with gambling addiction.
If you feel like you or someone you know is having trouble staying in control of betting, it’s important that you take advantage from the support options provided by the casino and seek professional help because in its essence, gambling is a recreational activity aimed at providing safe entertainment.
- The unabridged version of the 1953 book Casino Royale contained a guide to baccarat to help readers understand better the plot which revolves around a game between James Bond and Le Chiffre. Baccarat was the favorite game of 007 and was featured in many films and books until it was replaced with Texas Hold’em in the 2006 adaptation.
- In 1890, after a massive scandal regarding accusations that Sir William Gordon-Cumming had cheated in a game of baccarat, the Prince of Wales – the future King Edward VII, had to testify in court as a witness. Back then, gambling in England was illegal and the Royal Baccarat Scandal was enormously publicized, bringing the game to the attention of the public.
- Phil Ivey was involved in two lawsuits with casinos accusing him of having cheated in a game of baccarat. In 2012, he took the London’s Crockfords Casino to court after they refused to pay his winnings of £7.8 million and in 2016, the Borgata Hotel Casino sued Ivey for using edge sorting that got him $9.6 million winnings.
- The largest ever single win at baccarat was in 2015 at the World Series of Baccarat in Macao when Lin Haisan scooped a record $12.9m jackpot. The previous biggest win was $12m at the Crown Casino in Melbourne in the 1990s. It was one of the streak of winnings by unnamed high-rollers that totaled $55m over the course of a few months.
- Japanese investor Akio Kashiwagi is the player that has scored both some of the biggest baccarat wins and losses. In 1990, he bet $200,000 that paid out $6m – a record-breaking win at the time. When he returned to the baccarat tables at the Trump Plaza Casino in Atlantic City, Lady Luck didn’t come along and he ended up losing $10m over six days.
- Ian Fleming may be responsible for making baccarat popular when he imprinted his interest in the game to his character James Bond but he’s definitely not the only famous person to enjoy it. Sean Connery loved the game in real life as much as 007 did in the movies, and basketball legend Michael Jordan, singer Gladys Knight, and actor Jackie Chan are also all fans of the game.
Those sound like rookie numbers to you? See how much you can win by playing at Jackpotcity Casino!
Play Baccarat Pro for Free
Casino Baccarat Game Versions – Rules and Side Bet Options
Baccarat has a long history that’s more of an evolution, with new versions becoming popular in different countries over the years. The most well-known and still played today baccarat game variations are the French version – Chemin de Fer, Baccarat Banque, Punto Banco, also known as American Baccarat, and Mini Baccarat, which is also a popular online version.
- Chemin de Fer is a non-banking version which was very popular in France until 1837 when casinos were made illegal. This is not a version you can find at American casinos as it’s played mostly in Europe, French land-based houses in particular. Read more
- Baccarat en Banque was described in 1911 in “The Official Rules of Card Games Hoyle Up to Date” as baccarat and was clearly distinguished from Chemin de Fer. This version is also called “deux tableaux” or “two tables”. Like Chemin de Fer, it’s a game that’s popular across Europe and not so much in the US. Read more
- Punto Banco is today’s baccarat game variation played at the Las Vegas strip. It was developed in Argentina in the early 1950s and introduced to Vegas casinos in 1959. Today, it is known as American or North American baccarat. Read more
Try American Baccarat for Free
What to Play Online – The Most Popular Live Casino Baccarat Games
Online baccarat is available in versions as varied as they come. You can play with European or Asian dealers in studios based across the world from Manila to London. The dealers are versed in different languages, and so it’s easy for people of all nationalities to find a native table.
Experienced professionals with great personalities who know how to help all players enjoy the game, they’re also easy on the eyes – all the more reasons to be thankful for the high-resolution video, different camera angles, and chat options.
You can find tables that suit your preferences when it comes to languages, currency, bet limits, side bets, and more. Here are some of the most popular live baccarat variations you can find online.
- Going back to the beginning when Baccarat was played at exclusive tables in private rooms where bets went sky-high, the VIP Baccarat game is focused on the high-rollers who love the adrenaline rush of huge wagers. Played at 7-seat tables with eight standard card decks, this is a high-stake game in which the player who has placed the highest wager gets the chance for a sneak peek at the face-down cards. The player gets to control the squeeze option and know the outcome of the deal before the other players do.Play VIP Baccarat OnlineExclusive tables with high betting limits and control over the squeeze optionRead More
- Thanks to the latest technology, one of the oldest rituals of baccarat adds to the immersive experience of real-time games. In Baccarat Squeeze, the cards are dealt face-down, and the second card is squeezed and peeled back to reveal just the top or the side. Originally possible only in land-based casinos, this tantalizing aspect of the game is now part of online games, with the dealer squeezing the cards of the hand with the highest wager. The Control Squeeze version even allows players to control the reveal by relaying images onto their screens.Play Baccarat Squeeze OnlineEnjoy the most characteristic ritual of baccarat with real dealersRead More
- Baccarat games already seem to be going a mile a minute but Speed Baccarat quickens the pace even more for maximum suspense. A round of standard baccarat takes 48 seconds to complete, while a round of Speed Baccarat lasts only 27 seconds. The time may be almost halved, but that’s not at the expense of betting opportunities – you have your standard bet options Player, Banker and Tie. It’s just that instead of dealing the cards face-down and turning them over, the dealer will display them face-up.Play Speed Baccarat OnlineAction-packed game with maximum betting opportunitiesRead More
- Progressive Baccarat may seem like a typical game played at 7-seat tables with the usual eight decks of cards, but a twist when it comes to side bets makes it instantly a lot more interesting. This exciting version offers players the option of a progressive jackpot side bet in addition to the standard bets and high RTP. The jackpot is shared equally among all players at the table that have placed a wager on the side bet for the round. So, if three players have bet on the jackpot and it is won, they each get a third of the jackpot prize.Play Progressive Baccarat OnlineExciting wins with the jackpot side bet at Progressive BaccaratRead More
- Play Mini Baccarat OnlineA fast-paced and dynamic gameplay with low stakesRead MoreMini Baccarat is played according to the rules of American Baccarat but at lower betting limits and with six decks of cards instead of the traditional eight decks. The game uses a smaller table, the size of a Blackjack table with seven seats and one dealer sitting opposite the players. Cards are dealt by the dealer and the dealer controls the shoe. Players can bet on Player, Banker, or Tie. Midi Baccarat is a variant in which the player with the highest wager on the Player bet is allowed to turn over the Banker hand.
More Games Like Baccarat
Baccarat and blackjack have often been compared. Both games enjoy great popularity, have a long history, and offer some of the lowest house edge percentages for casino games. And while blackjack has been celebrated as the world’s favorite casino game for decades, baccarat has always been players’ favorite in Asian land-based casinos. Thanks to the many software developers’ releases, it is now becoming popular globally.
What’s similar? Well, both games are played with cards, and the aim is to get as close to a certain number (21 in blackjack and 9 in baccarat) without going over. The main difference is that in blackjack, you play against the dealer; while in baccarat, you’re simply choosing a bet – player, banker, or tie.
Another significant difference is the option for strategizing in blackjack, as you can choose whether to stay, hit, split, or double. In baccarat, the dealer will draw a third card based on pre-determined rules. One of the main advantages of baccarat is the clear-cut winning potential, while blackjack strategies can be greatly influenced by other players’ decisions.
Both blackjack and baccarat have different side bets that make the gameplay more intriguing and allow for using strategies like progressions and card counting. The house edge of baccarat is 1.06%, and the house edge of blackjack – depending on the number of decks, side bets – also goes very low; as low as 0.4%.
- Baccarat vs. Craps: In terms of the house edge, craps comes very close to baccarat at just 1.4% for pass line bets. Different strategies like laying odds after hitting your point or taking free odds can bring the house edge down to as low as 0.4%. Pass or come bets with 100x odds can even reduce the house edge to 0.02% if you have a big bankroll. Craps offers the same simplicity as baccarat when you bet on one number and either win or lose, but it can also be a lot more intricate if you wait for the shooter to roll a target.
- Baccarat vs. Casino War: Dubbed “the easiest game to play,” Casino War is again a decision between just two options – surrender or go to war. The game is played with six decks of cards and has a very fast-paced gameplay as the outcome is instant. The cards are dealt face-up, and it becomes immediately clear whether you win (if your card is higher than the dealer’s) or lose (if your card is lower). In the event of a tie, you can choose whether to quit or go to war. Most casino experts recommend always going to war or using the Tie side bet option when available.
- Baccarat vs. Hi-Lo: Hi-Lo is a casino game very similar to baccarat as it comes down to a simple decision – whether a face-down card will be higher or lower than a face-up card following the same ranks as in poker, with aces always low. Just like baccarat, the game has adopted a variety of side bets to make it more exciting than a simple high or low decision. Both games are popular in Asia casinos, so casino software developers feature primarily native tables with Asian dealers. The house edge is low – starting at practically nothing if the face-up card is 2 or Q and reaching 10.2%.
- Baccarat vs. Pai Gow Poker: Another game very popular in Asia adapted to modern casinos’ play, Pai Gow Poker is played with cards instead of the traditional pai gow tiles resembling dominoes. The player creates two poker hands out of seven cards – a five-card hand (also called small, low, or behind hand) and a two-card hand (big, high, front hand). The aim is to beat both the dealer’s small and big hands following standard poker ranking rules. There are different side bets and options in Pai Gow Poker like banking against yourself that make it a very entertaining game with a low house edge.
Perhaps the closest to baccarat as you can get is with Dragon Tiger. Often described as two-card baccarat, this is a very popular card game in Asia which is garnering interest across the world thanks to the versions of leading developers like Playtech and Evolution Gaming adding an Asian flair to their tables.
Dragon Tiger is a straightforward game where two cards are drawn, and the payer bets on which will be higher – the Dragon or the Tiger, i.e., Player or Banker. Going back to the basics of gambling, it’s also very similar to Hi-Lo and Casino War, except in the event of a tie, there is no option to go to war, just a standard push. The house edge here is higher than baccarat’s – 3.7%, and it can get even higher for the tie bet and the other side bets like big/small, even/odd, and suit.
The Top Developers for Online Baccarat Games
When it comes to software for online baccarat, the biggest and best names in the iGaming industry offer a variety of games with different features, so even the most discerning of players can pick and choose a version that meets their requirements in terms of settings, pace, betting limits, and side bets. Casino software developers like the award-winning Evolution Gaming, industry leaders Playtech and Microgaming, as well as newcomers Extreme Live Gaming all feature baccarat in their portfolios.
- Playtechwww.playtech.comEstablished: 1999Location: Isle of ManGames: Over 500Mansion CasinoPlaytech offers one of the biggest and most diversified platforms with real dealers. Their selection caters to the needs of all players as it’s one of the most varied ones you can come across. Some of their most popular games include No Commission Baccarat, VIP Baccarat, Progressive Baccarat, and their latest gem Prestige Baccarat – a polished release that enhances the classic game with five gameplay angles and action replays of winning hands.Read More
- Microgamingmicrogaming.co.ukEstablished: 1994Location: Isle of ManGames: Over 850jackpotcity casinoMicrogaming features a host of RNG baccarat games with intuitive design and customizable features like Baccarat Gold that offers the squeeze option. All their virtual games are also available in demo mode for free play. In addition to their land-based, download, flash, and mobile platforms, Microgaming offer a selection of games with real dealers that offers a great variety and the option to play baccarat individually or as part of multi-table play, simultaneously with other table and card games.Read More
- Evolution Gamingevolutiongaming.comEstablished: 1996Location: MaltaGames: Over 198Slots.lv CasinoEvolution Gaming offer several online baccarat options that will surely meet the highest standards like Speed Baccarat, Squeeze and Control Squeeze Baccarat, Choice of Roads that displays the results of each round in patterns. They also feature games with unique side bets like Player Bonus, Banker Bonus, Either Pair and Perfect Pairs. So, for anyone looking to step up their gaming experience with a few twists and extra betting opportunities, Evolution have the answer.Read More
- Extreme Live Gamingextremelivegaming.comEstablished: 2013Location: LondonGames: N/AJoe FortuneExtreme Live Gaming offer an authentic experience with their Classic Baccarat and its gameplay that follows the traditional Macau style with a 6-card layout. An Asian favorite, the game differs from the other popular Baccarat version across casinos and will appeal to both high-rollers and newcomers to online casinos. Set in an elegant studio, the game offers players an enhanced gaming experience and increased betting chances as players can bet on several outcomes.Read More
- NetEntwww.netent.comEstablished: 1996Location: Isle of ManGames: Over 500888 casinoNetEnt have always impressed with unmatched quality of graphics and design. Best known for their slot games that are real works of art, the company also offers a variety of table and card games with high-quality graphics and diverse gameplay features like the Punto Banco pro series. NetEnt used the innovative Chroma key technology to develop a platform for games with real dealers that offer advanced control options and a wide betting range. Read More
- Play ‘n GOwww.playngo.comEstablished: 1999Location: Växjö, SEGames: Over 200IgnitionPlay ‘n GO boast an impressive range of mobile-friendly games with outstanding graphics and sound for the best gambling experience on the go. Among their selection of games, you can find a six-deck Mini Baccarat that fits perfectly the smaller screens of handheld devices. Intuitive design and responsive interface and easy-to-navigate menu allow for an effortless gameplay virtually anywhere, complete with a quick guide to the rules and a paytable at your fingertips.Read More
RNG Casino Baccarat Games Are Fun As Well
Sitting at a table with other players and having real dealers handle the game is the immersive experience for players looking for the excitement of a real casino ambiance, but a number of RNG games can help players practice their skills. All of the biggest casino software providers feature different versions of online baccarat or Punto Banco in their game libraries with different betting limits, features, so everyone can find a version they enjoy.
The best part – most of them are available in demo versions and can be played without registration or depositing. Playtech offer games with progressive jackpots and Macau style versions with side bets. NetEnt’s Punto Banco has a wide betting range that reaches $10,000 and is crafted in the signature stunning graphics that have become a trademark for the developer.
There’s plenty of ways to customize the game in terms of resolution, sound, autoplay, and fastplay. Although you don’t see a dealer shuffling the cards before you, you have no reason to doubt the random outcome of the games as all legit casino operators have their RNGs regularly tested by third-party testing agencies and player protection organizations to giving gamblers peace of mind that the games are not rigged or manipulated in any way.
|Popular Online Baccarat Versions|
|Game||Features||Bet Limits||Developer||Live||Play At|
|Progressive Baccarat||5 – 250||Playtech||yes||Mansion Casino|
|Baccarat Control Squeeze||25 – 25.000||Evolution Gaming||yes||888 Casino|
|Grand Baccarat||3 – 100||Playtech||yes||Mansion Casino|
|Speed Baccarat||1 – 5.000||Evolution Gaming||yes||JackpotCity Casino|
|Multi-Bet Baccarat Gold||5 – 200||Microgaming||no||Ruby Fortune Casino|
|Baccarat High Limits||1 – 500||Microgaming||no||Royal Vegas Casino|
The Game of Princes and Spies, Baccarat Is a Real Globetrotter
A classic reinvented, baccarat is now more popular than ever after having captured the interest of many players through the decades with its straightforward rules and fast-paced gameplay rendering instant high payouts.
Despite being one of the oldest card games with origins that can be traced back to the Middle Ages, it wasn’t until the 1950s that the baccarat game had the surge in popularity which made it the game of choice for ritzy gamblers playing high stakes in private rooms.
Steeped in opulence and enjoyed by nobility, it might seem off-limits to the regular player, but in fact it’s one of the easiest games to play. Thanks to technological advancements and the rise of online casinos, now everyone lured by the glam and glitz bestowed onto the game can join a table and get a taste of the lush life. With a tantalizing promise for making players instantly rich without requiring any skill or mastery, it’s easy to see why everyone is playing baccarat.
A Strange Allure – Why Is the Baccarat Game So Popular?
Low Risk – High Wins
Let’s start with the obvious. Baccarat is one of the casino games with the lowest house edge. It stands at 1.24% on the player bet and 1.06% on the banker bet. Still, as low as it gets, it’s still begging the ultimate question – why play at all if the omnipresent house edge is ever looming? Well, of course in the long run, you’re bound to lose and sometimes lose big.
However, for a single visit to a land-based casino or a couple of hours of playing baccarat online, you do have the highest probability of winning more than at any other table game. It is against the odds but if you follow the golden rule and stop while you’re ahead, you can clean up pretty well.
Baccarat has a feel of exclusivity to it, as it’s very often played at high stakes in private rooms where tux-clad dealers and glamorous shills cater for the high rollers but in fact it’s got the most simplistic rule set, allowing complete strangers to casino mores to scoop the checks. The two bets you have to choose between – player and banker – might as well be called heads / tails or red / black, as betting on them is that straightforward.
Although you can use strategies, betting systems, even card counting, and more coadjutant methods, in the end it all comes down to pure luck. So, honed skills, logic, or critical thinking that you may apply at other card games like poker or bridge will not tip the scales for you here. It’s an easy to learn and play game, which makes it all the more engaging, giving anyone at the table equal chance of winning.
Culture Clash – the Macau Baccarat Phenomenon
As all other chance-based games, baccarat renders ample opportunities for superstition which is inherent for gambling. It’s especially popular in Asia and makes up to 70% of all tables across the hundreds of Macau casinos. A baccarat game in Macau is a cultural experience in itself. One that you almost feel you need to pay an entry fee to observe.
Considering you’re witnessing this first-hand at the casino floor, assume you’ve paid your dues, so just relish the spectacle involving lucky numbers, card squeezing, and bad luck banishing amid other unique methods.
One of the best possible hands in the game is eight which is pronounced similarly to “wealth” and “prosperity” in Chinese, lifting slightly the curtain on the mystery why Chinese gamblers would just as soon head for the baccarat table having set foot on the casino floor.
The Mecca of the Asian gambling market, Macau offers thousands of tables and that are scoured by players as they search for streaks of good luck and steer clear of coolers.
Chinese high rollers are also targeted by casinos in the Vegas strip, hurriedly cramming more and more Punto Banco tables as to satiate the thirst of Asian gamblers and accommodate their quirky superstition-laden razzmatazz of a game. You could have a penchant for some unconventional betting practices, but if you have the means to procure a VIP table, separated from common folk with a fancy red rope, you can get as eccentric as you want and squeeze all the cards you want.
While a baccarat game can be an affordable and admittedly elementary pastime with low bets, it’s also got its swanky side in enclosed areas where stakes can sky-rocket and considering the essentially even payouts, prompting floor managers to watch the game closely. Nowadays, however, it’s available to everyone who has internet connection.
Players from United States accepted